- 1 cup brown rice wild rice mix
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Remove from stove and let sit, covered for 10 minutes. Then uncover, fluff up with a fork, and let cool to almost room temperature.
In a medium sized serving bowl, mix the rice, cranberries, pecans, and green onions together.
In a separate jar, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, orange peel, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, mix dressing in with the rice mixture. Serve warm, chilled, or room temperature.