- Almond Crust:
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 5 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cheesecake batter:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rum
- pinch of salt
- Avocado 'Salsa':
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and segmented then cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 mango, peeled, flesh cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
Put almonds in processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and pulse until blended but still crumbly.
Pat into the bottom and a little up the sides of a 9" spring form baking pan; Set aside.
Prepare a water bath by half filling a shallow roasting pan with very hot water. Place the pan on the lowest rack in the oven. Place another rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
In a mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time until all are incorporated.
Place avocados in a food processor. Blend until very smooth. Add zest, lime juice, sour cream, rum and salt. Blend well.
Add avocado mixture to cream cheese mixture and mix on low speed until well blended. Pour into pan. Place pan on middle rack in oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Cheesecake is done when it is set but still a little 'jiggly' in the middle.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Chill overnight.
For salsa, combine avocado and lime juice in medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Place fruit mixture in a sieve and drain juices off before decorating cheesecake.